Instagram is becoming one of the most important tools you can use to help grow your business. It is definitely not a new social media platform, however, it continues to grow in popularity. So stick around to get some tips on how to use Instagram for your business.
Instagram Business Profile
- Make sure you turn your Instagram account into a business account. Why do you ask? That way you can take advantage of some of the Instagram business tools. Such as email call to action button on your Instagram profile, access to analytics, and to create Instagram ads. Click here to learn how to create an Instagram business account.
Here are some business tips on what to post.
- What you’re working on currently. Are you working on a new project or getting ready to launch something big? Show your audience a behind the scenes picture without giving it away.
- Where are you working at? Are you working in a coffee shop or in the basement of your house? Maybe you have an amazing office with tons of inspiration surrounding you. Your audience wants to connect with you. Share away.
- Show your face on Instagram! I know some of us are camera shy, but like I just said, your audience wants to connect. You don’t want to go more than 20 images without showing something with you in it.
- Okay, now it’s time to brag a little. Show some client testimonials. Let us hear from others about how awesome you are! You can use an app like Canva to make a cute square photo with words from your client.
- If you sell a product, show us a picture that a customer took with your item.
- Have you been featured or collaborated with other blogs or companies? Share your successes with your audience
Create an Experience
- You know how Starbucks or Apple don’t really sell their items to you, but how your life will change once you have their product? Show us how your service or product will change our life’s for the better. For example, if your selling blouses to mothers maybe you post photos with a mom holding the hands with her children walking down the street while sporting one of your fashion designs.
Know when the new updates come out for Instagram
- It is important to know when the updates come out for Instagram that way you can utilize the new features. Also because when you use the new features sometimes the algorithms see that and you can rank higher and get on the explore page.
- I recently just made a video on a new Instagram stories update. This feature would be great to use if you’ve been shouted out by a customer or client and you can now share their story on yours! You can click the link or see video at the bottom of this Instagram blog post.
Engage with your audience
- This is probably one of the most important business tips. We’ve all been taught customer service, but Instagram brings it to a whole nother level! It is important to ask questions on your posts and make polls in your Instagram stories. Then when your audience comments or messages you, RESPOND! I can’t say that enough. You want to let your potential customer that they are important to you and you care what they have to say or ask.
Consistency is KEY
- This is probably right alongside engagement for how important it is. It is recommended to post at least ONCE a day, but it wouldn’t hurt if you could post three times a day. Personally, I need to get better about this on my business page. Thankfully I have found Planoly and it has helped schedule my posts. Recently Instagram has made where third party schedulers could auto post to your Instagram. Which is a lifesaver!
Should you use hashtags?
- Everyone has different opinions on this. However, we are all trying to figure out how Instagram works when it comes to the algorithms. My personal take on this is that Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags and each hashtag is like a chance to when the lottery, so why not use all 30? Now it is important to change it up and not always use the same hashtags. There will be a few that go along with your business and that is fine. Also, make sure you use hashtags that match the photo you used because there are new API photo tools coming out and Instagram can tell whether or not your hashtags match whats in the photo. A tool I like to use for hashtag ideas is All-Hashtag.
I hope these tips come in handy when you want to use Instagram for your business. If you know it is important for you to have an active and engaged Instagram profile, but you don’t have the time. That is where I come in! I am always staying up to date on all the awesome Instagram features and can assist you with your account. Check out my services and if its something your interested in let’s talk!